Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Goldigger sounds better as a polka

I have a problem with Kayne West. My issue isn't that he's a misinformed idiot (see: 'Bush hates black people'), but instead that Kayne West simultaneously makes and ruins good music.

There are two Kayne West songs on my iPod - 'Stronger' and 'Homecoming'. Both of these songs are catchy and have spent a great deal of time on repeat. Incidentally, the majority of these songs are not sung by Kayne West. 'Stronger' is effectively a remix of Daft Punks 'Harder, Better, Faster' and 'Homecoming' features Chris Martin of Coldplay.

I sincerely enjoy the 'featuring' portions of these songs, but I really despise Kayne's attempts at musicality. In fact, if there weren't any guest artists on these songs, I would hate them. However, I like the other performers so much that they redeem an otherwise horrible piece of music.

So...I'm conflicted. Do I thank Kayne West for bringing to life a song that I would love or do I curse him for ruining it?

In other news, Hebrew and Greek lessons are coming along well. I am up to seven Greek verbs (ballo, luo, acuso, pistuo, leggo, bleepo, grapho) and the entirety of the Hebrew alphabet.

2 comments:

Beej Jones said...

Other rap atrocities: Bone Thugs-n-Harmony covering Phil Collins, Cypress Hill covering The Clash, and Wu-Tang Clan covering The Beatles. The Beatles! Wu-Tang Killa Beatles?!

Chi said...

BJ forgot the mega awkward rock version of "All about the Benjamins."

Hebrew and Greek! So cool Space Traveler!