Sunday, January 4, 2009

2008 Recap

Oh, what a year 2008 was. The beginning of the year started off just as expected - returning to Rolla for my last semester of undergrad with my job offer in the bag. I traveled to the northeast for the first time (arriving in Rochester, New York for NEACURH), had my first paper published (ND Microwave technology, second author), had my second conference paper (teaching STEM outreaches to middle school students, first author), and became an emeritus everything of my honor society. The middle of the year was a whirlwind. After months of back and forth, a friend became my boyfriend and then, in short order, my fiance. I found out about a new niece (Baby P) and a new nephew (Baby Jones). I graduated from college and started my first full time job. Eight days after I began work, I was sitting at a desk in Indianapolis, where I would stay until Thanksgiving. I visited New York and disliked it. Shortly thereafter, I got an iPhone. B.J. started work the Monday after his birthday, and we worked things out long distance. The last few months have flown by in a flurry of work, wedding planning, and running back and forth between families. 2008 was Grandpa's last year of preaching full time and the entire family congregated to hear his last sermon.

This year, I have a lot to look forward to. In early spring, I'll meet my niece for the first time. At the end of spring, I'll be switching my name, moving out of my parents' house, and check a different box on some forms. My little sister starts college in the fall, and B.J. will make more progress towards his masters degree.

Here's to HOPING for some major CHANGES and all that rot.

No comments: