I'm in no danger of becoming an Pollyana, but unemployment does have a few benefits.
1. Sleeping in - After months of waking up daily at 5AM, sleeping until 8 feels decadently lazy.
2. Free time around the holidays - My niece is coming down for Thanksgiving, and since I won't be working, I'll have plenty of uninterrupted time to play with her.
3. Lunch with husband - Beej has been coming home every day for lunch. It's a refreshing break to hear how his day is going and talk while it's still light outside.
4. Reading - I have been using my public library again! I'm back to several hundred pages a week, as opposed to what was becoming a habit of a book every couple months.
5. Easy appointments - Now that I have no other commitments, I don't have to squeeze any appointments in. I can schedule them more or less at my leisure.
Now that all that's said, somebody please hire me!