Thursday, November 19, 2009

Good things about unemployment

I'm in no danger of becoming an Pollyana, but unemployment does have a few benefits.

1. Sleeping in - After months of waking up daily at 5AM, sleeping until 8 feels decadently lazy.

2. Free time around the holidays - My niece is coming down for Thanksgiving, and since I won't be working, I'll have plenty of uninterrupted time to play with her.

3. Lunch with husband - Beej has been coming home every day for lunch. It's a refreshing break to hear how his day is going and talk while it's still light outside.

4. Reading - I have been using my public library again! I'm back to several hundred pages a week, as opposed to what was becoming a habit of a book every couple months.

5. Easy appointments - Now that I have no other commitments, I don't have to squeeze any appointments in. I can schedule them more or less at my leisure.

Now that all that's said, somebody please hire me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's good, because you as a Pollyanna is a really scary thought.