When I get the chance, I like to volunteer with high school and younger kids and try to get them interested in careers in math and science. To this end, here is my list of awesome things about engineering/math/science:
1. Engineers often get to wear jeans to work.
2. If you are a female engineer, there is never a line for a bathroom.
3. If you go into math and science, people will always think you're smart.
4. You will never have a problem calculating a tip in a restaurant.
5. Starting rumors about the Large Hadron Collider ending the world.
6. The Big Band Theory (tv show) and Dilbert make sense.
7. Engineers have the funniest jokes.*
8. Breaking things can be part of your job.
9. You will look stunning in black rimmed plastic glasses.
11. Nobody cares that you can't spell and have bad handwriting.
12. Running nuclear reactors
13. Driving bulldozers.
14. Doing 12 and 13 before you can legally drink.
*Why do computer people get Christmas and Halloween mixed up? A: Because Dec 25 = Oct 31.